Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance and associated Building Services
LOCATION: Aberdeen, Scotland
CUSTOMER: Total E&P UK Ltd
Richard Irvin FM Ltd has been delivering the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance and associated Building Services contract for TOTAL’s headquarters, Warehouse & Quayside Facilities in Aberdeen since 2005. We have a resident site team in place who deliver these works to the highest standard, and are supported by the Richard Irvin FM Ltd team of mobile engineers, as and when required. Through the years the resident team has delivered an exceptional job to TOTAL and offered additional works and innovations solutions throughout this time.
Several years ago following on from some involvement with a Permit to Work system at the St Fergus Gas Terminal the Richard Irvin FM Ltd site management for the TOTAL contract created and developed a bespoke permit to work system to cover our own workforce and sub-contractors. This permit system was adopted by TOTAL’s Health, Safety & Environmental department and was rolled out in 2016 across all departments in the office environment.
Health and Safety is a key focus with the client, as with all public and private sector client, and we see our diligent approach to the management of these aspects as a major contributor to the success of the contract relationship. In supporting our Safety commitment,
we recently placed a number of the site based team on the well-respected Industry standard course, IOSH Managing and Working Safely.
During the most recent contract negotiations, we were able to table a number of cost saving and cost avoidance initiatives. Given the current challenges faced by the Oil and Gas Sector, these initiatives were positively received and introduced
- Administration of Total’s CAFM System – ‘Planon’ in conjunction with Richard Irvin CRM Operational System.
- Key involvement in the delivery of Total’s Office relocation in October 2017 to their newly refurbished headquarters in Westhill.
- Design & Implementation of PPM plan for new office headquarters.
- Project management role in several key refurbishment projects post 2017 relocation.
- Administration of client IBMS System.
- Upskilling and development of site based engineers to reduce costs associated with external mobile support.
- Rationalisation of specialist sub contractor costs by review of service specification – ensuring value for money whilst meeting lifecycle maintenance requirements.