Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Division Director
Direct reports: None
Apply: Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your role will be to professionally oversee and co-ordinate all Small and Project Works on the MOD Contract for the Managed Services Department. This will include ensuring the Design, Costing, and Management of the Project Works within the client’s properties is done in accordance with contractual obligations and procedures set out.
Reporting directly to the Division Director, ensure projects are delivered on budget and within the required timescales. Deliver engineering solutions that align to our supply chain strategies and vendor agreements in accordance with agreed budgets, ensuring Health & Safety, operations processes, legislative and client specification compliance are achieved. Act as technical experts to support the project services site teams and ensure they are fully conversant with expected technical delivery requirements whilst also providing an audit and compliance service. Assist the Business Development team with technical surveys, assessments of costs, bids and proposals for prospective opportunities.
- Plan, schedule, requisition materials, equipment and sub-contractors, etc. to achieve on time delivery targets cost effectively and that the necessary requisitions do not compromise the business in any way.
- Ensure deliveries to projects meet the objectives of the project commitment, programme and the business objective for cash flow.
- Maintain project requisition information in accordance with project cost reviews, forward costs forecasting and cash inflow & outflow projections
- Comply with all legislative requirements and health & safety obligations covering risk assessments and method statements, COSHH analysis, quality control and operational processes ensuring that selected materials, equipment and sub-contractors do not compromise site operations and a safe working environment.
- Actively engage to achieve continuous improvement without risk to compliance and health & safety and quality.
- Deliver effective engineering solutions that realises the most cost-effective results for the business.
- Negotiations with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of product.
- Based on Clients budget constraints for any specific project, carrying out value engineering studies.
- Maintaining ISO documentation, Record Keeping, Suppliers/Manufacturers data Bank records.
- Assisting in compiling of tenders.
- Oversee / audit as necc file management for each project to ensure that an accurate account of the works is contained within the file
- Oversee / audit as necc financial information to enable production of interim and final accounts.
- Witnessing of all commissioning and testing associated with the Project works.
- Identify and calculate risk and opportunity allowances to agree business decision with management and then undertake active management to ensure agreed deliverables.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or similar role
- Must hold a current SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) Card
- Must hold a driving license
- Critical thinking
- Good level of IT skills
- Previous multi discipline sub-contractor managing experience
- Punctual, professional and hard working.
- Familiar with all aspects of project management
- Knowledge of Projects management and delivery requirements.
- Proven experience of site operations covering multi disciplines.
- Track record in driving technical and operational improvement.
- Hands on, make things happen approach.
- Good level of communication skills.
- Project planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Experience of dealing with multiple projects.
- Will require to have or gain security clearance to work on MOD sites
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all our employees to adopt and live by our Values. These are:
|SAFETY||Why take the Risk?||We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely|
|INTEGRITY||What’s the Right thing to do?||We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.|
|EXCELLENCE||If I was the Customer, What would I want?||We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.|
|RESPONSIBILITY||How do we inspire confidence and respect?||We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.|
|COLLABORATION||How much more can we achieve together?||We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners|