Reports to: Contract Supervisor
Direct reports: None
Location: HMS Collingwood
Apply: Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the plumbing systems in commercial and industrial buildings.
- nstall, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Install pipes and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air or other liquids.
- Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and regional regulations.
- Test plumbing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for the repair.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and returned to administration staff, in accordance with procedures.
- Understand relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation and the contract services Code of Practice.
- Take instructions from heads of departments regarding work requests, access and provision of temporary material storage areas.
- To give assistance and support to team members and others in performance of duties and responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally experience within a commercial building services and/or site environment.
- Must be able to lay out and prepare contract work in accordance with Building. Regulations and Water Regulations/Byelaws.
- Legionella Awareness.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Experienced in dealing with clients/consumers.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills, and able to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Able to supervise and take the lead on jobs.
Desirable – An advantage:
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Hot & Cold Water and Sanitation
- Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Supervisory knowledge beyond that expected of a plumber, domestic heating fitter or mechanical pipefitter.
- IPAF/PASMA qualifications.
- First aid at Work – 3-year qualification.
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all of our employees to adopt and live by our Values.
|SAFETY||Why take the Risk?||We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely|
|INTEGRITY||What’s the Right thing to do?||We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.|
|EXCELLENCE||If I was the Customer, What would I want?||We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.|
|RESPONSIBILITY||How do we inspire confidence and respect?||We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.|
|COLLABORATION||How much more can we achieve together?||We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners|