Apply: Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
To work with other engineers and apprentices engaged on Maintenance and repair work. To ensure that all work undertaken is completed with regard for quality, productivity and safety. To undertake practical orientated work appropriate to their skill & experience, following all company safety and QA/QC procedures and regulations. To carry out duties and responsibilities, at all times, in compliance with company policies & procedures.
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Ensure all necessary administration work is completed and returned to the appropriate administrative centre in accordance with establishment procedures.
- Required to work in any area or region of the business
- Discuss matters related to work with Engineers, Supervisors, Clients, and Contractors.
- Have an understanding of relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with employees and management.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation and the contract services Code of Practice.
- Take instructions from heads of departments regarding work requests, access and provision of temporary material storage areas.
- To give assistance and support to team members and others in performance of duties and responsibilities.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally have experience on plumbing services in a commercial building setting
- Safe Systems of Hot & Cold Water and Sanitation
- Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
- Must have experience as a plumber, domestic heating fitter or mechanical pipefitter.
- Must be able to carryout out work in accordance with Building Regulations and Water Regulations/Bye-Laws
- Legionella Awareness L8 Level 2
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization
- Experienced in dealing with clients/consumers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills, and able to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Able to take the lead on jobs
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccinations an advantage
- Ability to work with minimum Supervision
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all our employees to adopt and live by our Values.
|SAFETY||Why take the Risk?||We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely|
|INTEGRITY||What’s the Right thing to do?||We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.|
|EXCELLENCE||If I was the Customer, what would I want?||We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.|
|RESPONSIBILITY||How do we inspire confidence and respect?||We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.|
|COLLABORATION||How much more can we achieve together?||We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners|