Position: Maintenance Electrician
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Richard Irvin FM have a vacancy arising for a mobile Maintenance Electrician role in Dundee within our Mobile Services Division.
In this role the candidate will carry out maintenance and repair related works for all aspects of the electrical trade within a commercial office environment; all in accordance with all company and legislative requirements. Engineers will work on an individual basis or as part of a team.
Successful applicants are eligible for a Joining Bonus of £500 in their first months’ salary!
- Carry out Electrical Services, PPM, installation and reactive repairs.
- Provide remedial fault diagnosis within existing installations.
- Liaise with clients / main contractors regarding progress, PPM requirements including assistance with the preparation of minor quotes.
- Make sure that works are progressed in line with current company procedures regarding Health and Safety and comply with current electrical regulations with regard to both installation and record keeping and testing.
- Monitor procurement and material delivery against project requirement.
- Represent the company at a site level and promote the company abilities.
- Liaise with NICEIC representatives for annual inspections.
- Completion of all required legal documentation utilising the handheld tablet system.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Hold a current IEE Wiring regulations 18th edition training certificate.
- Full clean and current driving licence.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and liaise with clients and other contractors.
- Completed a SQA Certificate in electrical installations.
- IT Literate
- Good communication skills
- Hard working, punctual, team player and trustworthy
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all our employees to adopt and live by our Values. These are:
|Why take the Risk?
|We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely
|What’s the Right thing to do?
|We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.
|If I was the Customer, What would I want?
|We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.
|How do we inspire confidence and respect?
|We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.
|How much more can we achieve together?
|We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners