Position: Domestic Gas Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Apply: Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A vacancy is arising with Richard Irvin FM for a Domestic Gas Engineer.
This role will include the provision of Servicing, Maintenance, Installation and Repair activities within domestic properties; all in accordance with all company and legislative requirements. Engineers will work on an individual basis and will form part of a team to provide an out of hours on call service on a rotational basis.
- Carry out annual and interim maintenance visits in compliance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.
- Carry out the installation / replacement of new or existing gas appliances and heat emitters.
- Installation of gas pipework including appropriate tightness / strength testing as required.
- Replacement of heating controls and components as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Carry out Combustion Performance Analysis to gas appliances as required.
- Fault investigation and diagnosis utilizing manufacturer’s technical literature.
- Attending reported gas escapes and reports of suspected fumes as per the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.
- Compliance with the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedures, including warning labels and notices as required.
- Completion of all required legal documentation utilising the handheld PDA system.
- Pipework alterations and repairs
- Perform system pressure tests where required
- Replace parts to complete off repairs
- Replace or install new as required radiators, valves and pipework
- Attend daily reactive repairs received from the client
- A high level of health and safety awareness to ensure, establish and maintain high working standards at all times.
- Participation in On Call rota
Experience & Qualifications
- Domestic ACS qualifications – CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, DAH1, CPA1
- OFTEC and BPEC registration (where required)
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations
- Full clean and current driving licence
- Unvented Hot water
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative but also be a team player
- Demonstrate high standards of working practice and lead by example
- Flexible approach and IT literate
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all of our employees to adopt and live by our Values.
|Why take the Risk?
|We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely
|What’s the Right thing to do?
|We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.
|If I was the Customer, What would I want?
|We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.
|How do we inspire confidence and respect?
|We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.
|How much more can we achieve together?
|We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners