Position: Commercial Service Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To service and repair Commercial HVAC systems including plant rooms with Commercial Boilers and all associated Plant, Pumps, AHUs, Automatic controls. Maintain and repair associated heating controls and pipe work to systems and plant rooms.
- Carry out annual and interim maintenance visits in compliance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations and OFTEC Regulations.
- Replacement of heating controls and components as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Carry out Combustion Performance Analysis to gas and oil appliances as required.
- Fault investigation and diagnosis utilising manufacturer’s technical literature.
- Attending reported gas escapes and reports of suspected fumes as per the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations.
- Compliance with the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedures, including warning labels and notices as required.
- Completion of all required legal documentation utilising the handheld Tablet system
- Provide technical support to engineers
- A high level of health and safety awareness to ensure, establish and maintain high working standards at all times
- Order materials for jobs where requested by Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor and/or Service Coordinator
- Assist Operations Manager with site audits where requested to ensure all work to required quality standards
- To provide suppliers quotations with detailed part numbers to the coordinators for repair works to be quoted and carried out
- To participate on the on-call rota.
- Ability to carryout pipework repairs.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- Domestic ACS qualifications: CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, DAH1, CPA1
- Commercial ACS qualifications: COCN1, ICPN1, TPCP1, TPCP1A, CORT1, CIGA1
- OFTEC 101 and 201
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team Player
- Flexible approach
- Demonstrate high standards of working practice and lead by example
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations
- Full clean and current driving licence
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all our employees to adopt and live by our Values. These are:
|SAFETY||Why take the Risk?||We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely|
|INTEGRITY||What’s the Right thing to do?||We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.|
|EXCELLENCE||If I was the Customer, What would I want?||We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.|
|RESPONSIBILITY||How do we inspire confidence and respect?||We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.|
|COLLABORATION||How much more can we achieve together?||We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners|