Position: Commercial Gas Engineer
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Direct reports: None
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provision of Servicing and Maintenance mainly commercial properties along with some domestic type installations; all in accordance with Company and Legislative requirements
- Carry out annual and interim maintenance visits in compliance with Regulations
- Carry out reactive works to both Gas & Plumbing adopting a first-time fix approach
- On Call for Emergencies
- Required to work in any area or region of the business
- Carry out Maintenance and reactive repairs to Gas, Plumbing & Oil-Fired Boilers (OFTEC)
- Carry out System Designs for new Installations
- Carry out installation/replacement of new or existing Plumbing & Gas appliances
- Carry out the installation/replacement of new or existing Systems
- Replacement of heating controls and components as per manufacturer’s instructions
- Carry out Combustion Performance Analysis to Gas Appliances
- Fault investigation and diagnosis utilising manufacturers technical literature
- Compliance with the Gas Industry Unsafe Situation Procedures, including warning labels and notices as required
- Completion of required legal documentation utilising manual & Electronic Paperwork
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations
- Full Clean and current driving license
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and liaise with clients and other contractors
- IT literate
- Security Clearances required
- Time Served Commercial and Domestic Plumber
- Commercial ACS Qualification- COCN1, ICPN1, TPCP1, CORT1,CIGA
- Commercial Catering ACS qualifications – CCCN1, COMCAT1, COMCAT3, Domestic ACS qualifications – CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, DAH1, CPA1
- Ideally have experience on plumbing services in a commercial building setting
- Safe Systems of Hot & Cold Water and Sanitation
- Commercial Oil qualifications – OFTEC
- Must have experience as a plumber, domestic heating fitter or mechanical pipefitter.
- Must be able to carry out work in accordance with Building Regulations& Bye Laws
- Legionella Awareness L8 Level 2
- Good communication skills
- Hard working, punctual team player and trustworthy
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all of our employees to adopt and live by our Values.
|Why take the Risk?
|We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely
|What’s the Right thing to do?
|We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.
|If I was the Customer, What would I want?
|We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.
|How do we inspire confidence and respect?
|We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.
|How much more can we achieve together?
|We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners