Position: Lead Technician
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Leuchars, Fife
Apply: Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role assists the Service Delivery Manager in the day-to-day co-ordination , supervision and management of the business’ operational maintenance activities.
- Supervision of the works team
- Log client requests and cases, monitor, control and manage reactive, PPM works to meet customer expectations and company objectives.
- Communication of work orders to field based engineers either via our electronic job issue system or telephone as required.
- Liaise between customer and service delivery manager to ensure smooth operational delivery.
- Co-ordinate and manage tasks to ensure maintenance delivery within allotted budget and timescales.
- Make sure compliance is maintained with company policies, procedures, processes, and standards.
- Timely progressing of cases through to work complete status within timescales.
- Provide report to Service Delivery Manager weekly on all Open cases and progress / status.
- Input as required to support Service Delivery Manager with production of client reports.
- Active involvement in regular WIP reviews and work to reduce WIP levels.
- Identify problems in specific jobs / cases and resolve them quickly and in a timely manner.
- Follow standard operating procedures for efficient business operations.
- Maintain clear and accurate operational documents for all work undertaken.
- Timely provision of all documentation upon work completion as per maintenance schedule/contract requirements
- Appropriate notification of planned appointments to customers/clients as per maintenance schedule/contract requirements
- Liaison with Service Delivery manager regarding daily workload planning and management
- Build relationships with client representatives and always represent Richard Irvin in a professional and positive manner.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experienced Mechanical & Electrical Background
- Good Knowledge of HVAC Systems
- General Knowledge of Building services ,
- Good working knowledge of computer packages; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience working within a multi discipline office environment.
- Experience working independently on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize own workload, respond quickly to changing priorities,
- Ensure work is of the highest standard and that deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with peers, line managers and with external customers and clients.
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Full clean and current driving licence.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and liaise with clients.
- Must be able to pass MoD Security Clearance
- Must be able to work to the Operations / Project Manager’s time frames and budgets.
- PASMA & IPAF desirable but not essential
- SSSTS – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme preferable
- IOSH Managing Safely preferable
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all of our employees to adopt and live by our Values.
|Why take the Risk?
|We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely
|What’s the Right thing to do?
|We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.
|If I was the Customer, What would I want?
|We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.
|How do we inspire confidence and respect?
|We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.
|How much more can we achieve together?
|We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners