Position: Air Conditioning Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
To service and repair air-conditioning and ventilation systems including AC plant rooms Condenser plant and AHUs with manufacturers and bespoke Automatic control systems and all associated ancillaries. Test, repair and replace items of plant and components.
- Carry out annual and interim maintenance visits in compliance with the F Gas regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Replacement of components as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Carry out Performance Analysis to AC appliances as required.
- Fault investigation and diagnosis utilising manufacturer’s technical literature.
- Compliance with the F Gas Procedures when handling and recovering refrigerant including refrigerant tracking procedures.
- Completion of all required reports and legal documentation utilising the handheld Tablet system
- Provide technical support to engineers
- A high level of health and safety awareness to ensure, establish and maintain high working standards at all times.
- Order materials for jobs where requested by Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor and/or Service Coordinator
- Assist Operations Manager with site audits where requested to ensure all work to required quality standards
- To provide suppliers quotations with detailed part numbers to the coordinators for repair works to be quoted and carried out
- Ensure services are provided with a professional customer service focus responding to any requests for support from users within the Client Premises
- To participate on the on-call rota.
The above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
Experience & Qualifications
- F Gas certification
- Proven experience with all types of air conditioning plant and equipment
- SCOTVEC National Certificate in air conditioning or Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent
- Electrical competency to 18th edition IEE Regulations would be an advantage
- A demonstrable knowledge of building services engineering
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision or as a member of a team
- Good communication skills
At Richard Irvin FM Limited, our Values are at the core of everything we do. We expect all our employees to adopt and live by our Values. These are:
|SAFETY||Why take the Risk?||We protect ourselves, and we protect each other. Every day, every member of staff – and everyone we’re responsible for – goes home safely|
|INTEGRITY||What’s the Right thing to do?||We act with honesty and fairness, and we’re always ready to challenge. It’s not just about complying with rules and regulations – it’s simply about doing the right things, in the right way.|
|EXCELLENCE||If I was the Customer, What would I want?||We take pride in what we do, in being the best we can be. Customers recognise us for it, and people want to work for us because of it.|
|RESPONSIBILITY||How do we inspire confidence and respect?||We’re accountable for our actions. We commit to the task in hand and deliver. We trust, and we inspire others to trust us.|
|COLLABORATION||How much more can we achieve together?||We’re team players, loyal to one another. We’re always ready to support and carry more than our share of the load. We build sustainable relationships and alliances with our customers and business partners|